Safer Internet Day 2013 took place on 5th February, and was the tenth anniversary of the event.
The theme for Safer Internet Day 2013 was Online Rights and Responsibilities with the slogan “Connect with Respect”.
As a result of the collective action right across the UK, we reached 1 in 10 people on Safer Internet Day. Of those who heard about Safer Internet Day, around 40% changed something about the way they behaved online and about 40% spoke to someone in their family about it, showing both the reach and the impact that Safer Internet Day can have. Read the full campaign evaluation.
- 24,000 youth declare their online rights and responsibilities for Safer Internet Day, culminating in a national youth event.
- 316 supporters got involved in the campaign.
- 12 hour live radio marathon was delivered by the UK Safer Internet Centre.
- Educational resources were downloaded over 137,000 times.
- Media coverage achieved 50 million opportunities to see and hear the Safer Internet Day message.
- Trended in the UK on social media.