Safer Internet Day 2020 Top Tips for 3-7s
Safer Internet Day 2020 is being celebrated around the world on Tuesday 11th February 2020.
The global theme is ‘together for a better internet’ and this year in the UK we are putting the focus on how young people explore and express their identity online.
Everyone has their part to play in making the internet a better place, including you!
Have a look at the tips and links below with some suggestions on how to get you started and help you to stay safe and positive online.
More for 3-7 year olds this Safer Internet Day!
Let’s create an internet where we are….
- Free to be ourselves Be proud of all the things that you enjoy, and keep on trying different things too. If there are new activities that you want to do online, ask an adult first to help you find them – to check they’re ok for you.
- Free to be kind Remember, the rules that you follow every day in real life also apply when you’re on the internet. It’s important to treat other people the way that you would like to be treated and always think about their feelings.
- Free to play It’s really important that your parents and carers know what you enjoy doing online, so that they can help you when you need it. Using the internet together as a family is really fun, and you’ll be the best teacher when it comes to showing everyone your favourite games!
- Free to be safe Some parts of your identity must stay private. This is your ‘personal information’ – which includes your name, date of birth, home address, school address, email address and passwords.
- Free to talk If anyone, or anything, online makes you feel worried, upset or uncomfortable, tell a trusted adult straight away. The sooner someone knows how you feel, the sooner you can be helped.