How does Snapchat work?
Snapchat is a messaging app that allows users to share content, such as photos, texts and videos, i.e. ‘Snaps’. Snaps only appear for a matter of seconds before disappearing from users’ screens.
Within Snapchat there is a story feature where you can put your ‘Snaps’ on your ‘Story’. Your contacts are able to view this for 24 hours before it is deleted from your account.
Reporting Snapchat Stories
If you see something within a Snapchat story that you feel needs reporting you can now do so.
While watching their story:
- Press and hold on screen as the Snap is showing
- Press the flag in the bottom left hand corner
- Click on the option that best describes the content you are trying to report.
What kind of content breaks community guidelines?
Some of the things that are against Snapchat’s community guidelines include:
- Snaps that are invasions of privacy, e.g. if someone has taken a Snap of you without your permission.
- Threatening messages or content
- Bullying or harassment
- Hate speech