Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (‘first party cookies’) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (‘third party cookies’).
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is stored on your browser, the hard drive of your computer or your mobile device if you agree. Each cookie is unique to your web browser.
We use two types of cookie:
- Session cookies, which are temporary files that are erased when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies, which remain until they are deleted (by you, or by your device when the cookie expires).
The cookies are text files that contain an ID number. This ID number is used to uniquely identify your browser. However it is not possible for us to identify you from your ID number.
Cookies do not usually contain personal information. Cookies may, however, be used in combination with other information to identify you.If you require further information about cookies in general, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
What information do our cookies collect?
Our cookies are used to gather the following data:
- time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of the website
- referring site details (such as the URL a user came through to arrive at the website)
- type and version of web browser
- type of operating system (such as PC or mobile)
- Display features
- downloads from within the website
- clicks on links directing to other websites
- website performance information (such as page load times and errors)
- clicks on dynamic features (including videos)
- ‘scroll depth’ (the extent to which the full content within a page is displayed)
If your device already has the relevant cookies, they will be updated with the latest information about your visit to our website. We are not the Data Controller for information within external analytics platforms.
Your consent is generally required for cookies to be placed on your computer and for the use and storage of personal information relating to you provided by the cookies. You may withdraw your consent at any time by updating your cookie settings and you can also change what level of cookies you want.
Where consent is not needed for cookies to be placed on your computer (for example, where a cookie is needed for the operation of our website or for the provision of a service to you), the use and storage of any personal information provided by the cookies will be based on legitimate interests. The legitimate interests we are pursuing are the operation of our website and provision of our services.
We will store your cookie information for 38 months.