Guides and resources
Key advice for those working in the health sector – including GPs, school and community nurses and child and adolescent mental health professionals – to help them understand the impact of digital technologies on young people and their mental health in particular.
- have a knowledge of the latest online threats, risks and trends in online communications and social networking
- understand the impact of technology and new and emerging apps and trends have on the health of young people and their relationships
- encourage and support young people to develop healthy relationships with technology and manage their mental health
- consider the use of technology by parents and carers which may impact on family life
- include relevant questions in assessments and when treating patients to gain an understanding of the role of technology in their lives
Below we set out some FAQs and some key resources.
Frequently asked questions
Advice about protecting your reputation while using social media and technology both personally and professionally.
Social Media Checklists
Our checklists cover safety tips and privacy features for the four most popular social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat,…
Be in the know
You’ll get knowledge, skills and tools to make the internet safer
for young people at your care. Each sent once per month.