Safer Internet Day 2018 reaches 45% of young people in the UK
The Safer Internet Day 2018 Impact Report has been published by the UK Safer Internet Centre.
The impact report looks at the reach of Safer Internet Day 2018 and the positive impact that it had on children, young people, parents, carers, and teachers.
Safer Internet Day 2018 was the biggest one yet! This was due to the collective actions across the UK!
- 45% of young people aged 8-17 and 30% of parents heard about Safer Internet Day in 2018, this is up from 42% of Children and 23% of parents in 2017.
- 1,772 organisations got behind Safer Internet Day and ran activities across the UK
- 9.1 million reached through a mass social media post on the 6th February, with #SID2018 trending all day on social media
- Over 800,000 downloads of educational resources
- Over 500,00 views of Safer Internet Day video content