Safer Internet Day officially breaks GUINNESS WORLD RECORD™
In February for Safer Internet Day, we asked for your help to support the UK Safer Internet Centre and 2Simple as we attempted the official GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for ‘Most pledges received for an internet safety campaign in 24 hours.’
Thanks to everyone who made a pledge for Safer Internet Day we are pleased to announce we are now the current record holders for ‘Most pledges received for an internet safety campaign in 24 hours’ with a total of 16,372 pledges.
Well done to everyone who made a pledge to help create an internet we trust and for being part of Safer Internet Day.
Safer Internet Day 2021 in statistics
Alongside breaking the world record we saw the great effect that Safer Internet Day had in schools across the UK. In our recently released Impact Report we found that the Day reached more young people than ever before, with 51% of UK children aged 8-17 hearing about the day, alongside 38% of UK parents and carers.
Safer Internet Day 2021, which focussed on misinformation online, had a bigger reach than ever before, and that can be seen through some of the key statistics of the day:
- Over 2.4 million views of Safer Internet Day Films
- Over 1.5 million downloads of Education Resources
- The #SaferInternetDay hashtag trended at no.1 throughout the day
- Over 112,000 young people tested their knowledge with our online quiz
- Media reach of 126 million people, across outlets including the BBC, ITV News and Sky News Radio