Advice for Foster Carers this Foster Care fortnight
The brochures are free to download and easy to print, and include top tips and conversation starters to help you get to grips with online safety.
We understand that foster carers and adoptive parents can face particular challenges when keeping children safe online. Social media can facilitate contact with birth families; and offline vulnerabilities can increase the chances of being exposed to online risks such as cyberbullying and sexual exploitation.
To help navigate these issues, the resource answers a number of key questions, such as:
- What online risks can young people face?
- What e-safety tips do young people need to know? How can I start a conversation with them about internet safety?
- How can I protect personal information to maintain privacy and confidentiality?
- How can I prepare for and manage contact with birth family members on social media?
- What can I do if something goes wrong?