Anti-Bullying Week 2015 theme announced!
The Anti-Bullying Alliance have announced that the theme for Anti-Bullying Week 2015 will be, ‘Make a Noise about bullying’.
Highlighting the impact of bullying on children and young people in schools, communities and in cyberspace, the Anti-Bullying Alliance have outlined clear aims for the week:
- To empower children and young people to make a noise about bullying – whether it is happening to them or to someone else, face to face or online;
- To help parents and carers have conversations with their children about bullying – both as a way of preventing bullying, and to help children who are worried about bullying;
- To encourage ‘talking schools’ where all children and young people are given a safe space to discuss bullying and other issues that affect their lives, and are supported to report all forms of bullying;
- To equip teachers to respond effectively when children tell them they’re being bullied; and
- To raise awareness of the impact of bullying on children’s lives if they don’t tell anyone it’s happening – or if they are not given appropriate support – with a focus on the impact on mental health.