Childnet Film Competition launched to celebrate Safer Internet Day
The 11th annual Childnet Film Competition is open to all schools and youth organisations across the UK. This year Childnet, a UKSIC partner, is inviting young people aged 7-18 to take on the challenge of creating a short film in response to this year’s theme:
We want an internet where we’re free to…
Once again Childnet is looking for films that have a clear message about the positive ways young people can use the internet. The challenge for young people is to create a film that tells us what they want from a future internet and what they believe people should be free to be online.
By taking part, young people not only create a film that can educate their peers about how they can stay safe online, the three selected finalists from both the primary and secondary age category will be invited to a private screening at London’s British Film Institute. They will then be presented with great prizes for their school or youth organisation by our prestigious judging panel.
Entering the competition:
There are 4 simple steps to enter:
- Select the category that you wish to enter on the Film Competition Page. Choose either primary or secondary depending on the age of the young people you work with.
- Download the competition pack, which contains everything you will need, including education resource, film advice and supporting educator guidance.
- Allow time for young people to plan and create their films.
- Submit your film and all consent forms by 3rd June.
Dates for your diaries
- Competition opens: Monday 6th January
- Competition closes Wednesday 3rd June
- Finalists announced: Friday 12th June
- Finalists event: Wednesday 1st July