Schools, are you ready for SID?
Plan your activities with our Safer Internet Day education resources.
With a month to go until Safer Internet Day, The UK Safer Internet Centre is calling on all schools and educational settings across the country to get involved in SID2014.
Each year the UK Safer Internet Centre produce educational resources to help schools plan their activities for Safer Internet Day. This year, our primary, secondary school and parent packs support this year’s theme – ‘Let’s Create a Better Internet Together’. The theme provides an opportunity for schools and educational settings to highlight the positive and creative uses of technology whilst empowering pupils, families and staff to stay safe online
- Tune in to Safer Internet Day TV which will be streamed live on Safer Internet Day, with an hour for primary schools and an hour for secondary schools.
- Plan a lesson for Safer Internet Day on February 11th 2014 with our primary school lesson plan and secondary school lesson plan.
- Use the primary school assembly script or secondary school assembly script to get pupils thinking about how they can create a perfect online world.
- Adopt a creative, fun and practical approach to this year’s theme by running a Safer Internet Day drama activity for primary or secondary on February 11th 2014.
- Use Safer Internet Day quick activities for primary and secondary to get young people thinking about what makes a better internet.
- Make pupils aware of Safer Internet Day in the run up February 11th 2014 by displaying the SID posters for primary and secondary around your school.
- Speak to parents about online safety by using our Safer Internet Day parent pack, which includes a template letter, resources and a ready-to-use presentation
- Add the Safer Internet Day logo and banner to your school website.
Let’s make Safer Internet Day 2014 a time to celebrate the great work that schools across the UK are doing to create the next generation of digital citizens – and let’s inspire an even greater focus over the next year as we work to create a better internet together.