Stop, Look and Listen this National Safeguarding Month
National safeguarding month starts today, the 28th February 2017. For the next month, UKYouth want to put a focus on safeguarding policies in organisations working with young people.
The aim of National Safeguarding Month is for organisations to Stop what they're doing, Look at their safeguarding practices, Listen to young people and take action by the 31st March.
UK Youth share what you can do to take action during National Safeguarding Month:
- Make a #StopLookListen17 pledge to show your commitment to improving your safeguarding policies and standards
- Pledge to spend some time during National Safeguarding Month to review your safeguarding policy and/or practice
- Pledge to run safeguarding sessions with young people
- Pledge to offer space on your website for free advice, guidance or signposting on safeguarding
- Pledge to complete your Section 11 audit
- Pledge something else
- Tweet your pledge using the #StopLookListen17 hashtag and download the resource pack.
At the UKSIC we are encouraging you to think about how you safeguard young people online as well as offline. Take a look at some of our resources: