What you can do this Safer Internet Day
For Safer Internet Day the UK Safer Internet Centre invited everyone to play their part in making the internet a better place.
Celebrated globally and coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre, Safer Internet Day is a great opportunity to talk to your family and friends about the safe, responsible and positive use of technology, and to pledge how you will help to create a kinder online community.
How to get involved today:
- Take the Safer Internet Day Quiz
- Read our Safer Internet Day tips for 3-7s, 7-11s, 11-18s and parents/carers.
- Watch our SID TV films and download the Education Packs
- Join the #SaferInternetDay2019 social media campaign
- Make the internet a more positive place and share your #OurInternetOurChoice pledge
- See what key stakeholders are doing to celebrate the day
Together For a Better Internet
Will Gardner OBE, Director of the UK Safer Internet Centre, CEO of Childnet
“However, our research shows that without clear guidance for navigating the complexities of online consent, the gap between young people’s attitudes and behaviours is striking.
“Safer Internet Day provides a unique opportunity to address this gap, by listening to young people’s experiences, leading by example, and encouraging conversations about our online lives.
“It is vital that we – from an individual to an industry level – take responsibility to support young people to navigate consent online and put their positive attitudes into action. We must move beyond advising them only on what they should do online, and work with them to understand how to do this in practice.
“In doing so, we can empower young people, and those that support them, to be better able to harness and use the positive power of the internet for good.”