2 weeks until Safer Internet Day – key things to do now
Safer Internet Day is taking place in 2 weeks on Tuesday 6th February 2018!
Already over 800 organisations right across the UK have registered as supporters, including over 600 schools and big names such as Microsoft, Facebook, Lloyds Banking Group, the Department for Education, Welsh Government, the Children’s Commissioner for England, National Education Union and NASUWT, as well as Premier League Football Clubs, police services and charities across the UK.
We’re already seeing young people getting involved in the #ItStartsWithUs social media campaign, designing their jigsaw templates to show how they will play their part to create a better internet, while the Thunderclap is already set to reach over a million people on the morning of Safer Internet Day.
5 things to do this week
- Register as a supporter – and if you have already, encourage other organisations to register!
- Join the Thunderclap – and help spread the word to encourage others to join
- Spread the word – use our Campaign Toolkit which includes banners, articles, newsletter text and suggested social media posts
- Join our #ItStartsWithUs social media campaign – download our templates and create your design
- Visit www.saferinternetday.org.uk to download our educational resources, take the quiz and see our advice pages to help you get ready for your activities on the day.
Help us spread the word by posting this on social media:
It’s just 2 weeks until Safer Internet Day on 6th Feb! Visit www.saferinternetday.org.uk for free educational resources, campaign materials and more. Together we can make the internet a better place #SID2018 @UK_SIC