E-Safety Live March 2012 – An Event Not to Miss!
Hot on the heels of Safer Internet Day, the UK Safer Internet Centre is running two E-safetyLive events in London and Edinburgh next month.
Here are some of the questions that will be answered at the events:
- Educating your children and staff to stay safe online – learning valuable lessons from recent Serious Case Reviews.
- How can your online reputation damage your career?
- Be the first to pick up the latest online safety resources!
- How can you safely use Facebook to engage with your children?
When – Tuesday 20th March 2012 (London) and Thursday 22nd March 2012 (Edinburgh)
Where – Park Crescent Conference Centre, London & Heriot Watt University Conference Centre, Edinburgh
Why – Drawing together online safety providers, industry leaders and experts in the field of internet safetyWho should attend? Teachers, LSCB e-safety leads, Head teachers, Organisations working with children, Social workers, Local Authorities, Safeguarding children board managers and trainers.
The events this year include 12 workshop sessions on a wide range of topics on games-based learning, bullying, parental engagement and support as well as resources to use in the classroom. The sessions will deliver useful, current advice and information regarding the safe and proactive use of online technologies in learning and education.
Some specific examples include:
• ‘Protecting your Professional Identity’ – UK Safer Internet Centre
• ‘Empowering Children’s Organisations’ – Vicky Green and Peter Bower
• ‘Playing it Safe – keeping children safe online with games at home and in education’
hosted by Xbox (Microsoft)
• ‘Embracing Mobile Internet in Learning’ – Russell Prue on behalf of Vodafone
Other workshops confirmed are hosted by Facebook, Childnet, Beatbullying, CEOP, Education Scotland and more– including one aimed at preparing schools for inspections.
We will also run an Information and exhibitor fair where organisations like Association of Teachers and Lecturers, Nominet, BCS, Lightspeed, Beatbullying, CCPAS, Young Scot and the Central E-safety Partnership will demonstrate resources and provide the latest advice and information available for professionals working with children and young people.
To see the full line up please go to;
The events are taking place in London on Tuesday 20th of March and Edinburgh on Thursday 22nd of March. Spaces are limited at both events so early booking is advised. Extended lower full day delegate rate is only £95 plus VAT.
To find out more about the events and to book your place, go to www.esafetylive.com
For enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org