Reporting concerns to Facebook

22 May 2017 UK SIC

In the wake of recent reports from the Guardian regarding Facebook’s internal reporting procedures, here is some advice for anyone concerned about how to report content and where to go for other advice and support.

Reporting online content

It is important that everyone continues to report any online content that might be illegal or break a platform’s community standards. Find out more about how to report to social media companies:

See our information about how to report Facebook as well as information about blocking, privacy settings and other safety tools.

Any illegal content, such as images or videos of a child being sexually exploited, should be reported to the Internet Watch Foundation:

If you are concerned about the sexual exploitation of a child on the internet, you can report it to the National Crime Agency’s CEOP Command:

Anyone who works with children and young people and needs support about reporting issues can contact the Professionals Online Safety Helpline: Tel: 0344 381 4772

Getting more support

If you are a young person and need support about online issues, whether it’s about you or a friend, then we would encourage you to speak to a trusted adult or contact Childline using their online chat service on or by calling 0800 1111.

Share your feedback:

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.