SID 2012 Live radio
Last Safer Internet Day our Live Radio Show broadcast for 12 hours!
For the second year running, the UK Safer Internet Centre presented Safer Internet Day Live; a 12 hour marathon radio programme that took place on Safer Internet Day from 9am to 9pm and was broadcasted over the internet and around the world.A fully interactive experience, listeners were encouraged to text, email, Skype, IM and even phone in with questions to challenge the panel of experts from around the world.
For SID2012 there were over 30,000 direct listeners, 200,000 podcast downloads and 80,000 replays on BBC iPlayer!
Broadcast from 9am to 9pm, shows included:
- Interview with Vice President Neelie Kroes – European Commission
- Latest Internet Safety news from around the world
- Primary School Assembly
- Childnet International – The 3 Little Monsters story
- Youngest Web Users (5-7) – including Disney Club Penguin
- The Internet at School – including representatives from OFSTED, iKeepsafe USA, SWGfL and UK Safer Internet Centre
- Wise Kids (8-10) – listening to insights from 4 primary schools
- Research – including Prof Sonia Livingstone
- Ministers LIVE – including Tim Loughton and Lynne Featherstone
- How to set up Facebook (and others) for School use – including representatives from Facebook, and Prof Andy Phippen
- Tweens (11 -12) – including Dawn Dines SOS GLOBAL
- Schools participation – including Beatbullying
- Sexting – why would you? – including IWF and CEOP
- Euro Safety – what is happening across Europe? – with Janice Richardson, INSAFE
- Safer Internet Centres across Europe
- Internet; The Future – including Larry Magid, Connect Safely USA and Danielle Parker Digital Jones
- Young People at Parliament – LIVE event from Parliament and the BBC Media Literacy Team
- Consequences of your Digital Footprint, Managing your Online Identity – with the UK Safer Internet Centre, Nominet and ATL
- Helpline – with Laura Higgins, UK Safer Internet Centre
- Parental Controls – How is your ISP helping you? – with BT, IWF, Getsafeonline, TalkTalk, BBC School report, The Industry Trust, Fosi and NetIntelligence
- Gaming – Health and Wellbeing – with Jess Stryder, Australian Research Institute & Google and Alan Earl, South West Grid for Learning
- Parental Controls – with Claire Perry MP, Trend Micro, Kapersky and Microsoft
- Mobile Internet – with Vodafone, O2, Contact Group and BBC Click Simulcast
- Connecting Generations – with Race Online, Parent Zone, PSCB and some grandparents!