Safer Internet Day 2022 Supporters Registration surpasses 500!
With under one month to go until Safer Internet Day, schools, charities, local governments, police and many other organisations have registered their support for Safer Internet Day 2022.
Safer Internet Day 2021 was the biggest ever, reaching over half (51%) of young people aged 8-17 across the UK for the first time, alongside 38% of parents.
We are keen to break last year’s impressive total of 2,156 – but we need your help. All you need to do is submit what your school, charity or organisation will be doing for Safer Internet Day.
Signing up as a supporter is your way as an organisation to pledge your support to Safer Internet Day, as well as telling the world what you’ll be doing to help make the internet a great, safe place for young people to enjoy.
Once registered you will receive a certificate to show your support for the day and, following review, your logo, organisation name and supportive statement will appear on the UK Safer Internet Centre website.
Safer Internet Day 2022 will be celebrated on 8th February 2022 with the theme ‘All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online.’
What with 77% of young people having spent more time playing online games and apps during the pandemic, the theme is more relevant and important than ever before.
Speaking with young people is key to exploring their experiences on platforms where they can play games, interact with their peers and others, and take part in ‘live’ experiences such as video streaming.
99% of teachers said that Safer Internet Day 2021 played a significant role in their school’s online safety provision – sign up today and let’s reach even more young people than ever!
Here are some fantastic examples of what some schools have submitted so far:
You can help spread the word on social media by sharing these key messages!
- Registered support for #SaferInternetDay! Our [school or organisation] will be [insert activity]. Share what you are doing for #SaferInternetDay, and see all of the great things that are planned across the UK! @UK_SIC saferinternetday.org.uk
- @UK_SIC have readied resources for you to use NOW! Download free lesson plans, activities, films and more! saferinternetday.org.uk
- Have you registered as a Safer Internet Day supporter? Share what you are doing for #SaferInternetDay, and see all of the great things that are planned across the UK! @UK_SIC saferinternetday.org.uk
- I’ve just registered my support for #SaferInternetDay! Our [school or organisation] will be [insert activity]. Share what you are doing for the day, and see all of the great things that are planned across the UK! @saferinternetuk saferinternetday.org.uk
- New resources! Safer Internet Day 2022 will take place on Tuesday 8th February with the theme ‘All fun and games? Exploring respect and relationships online’. There are some great resources and ways to get involved on the UK Safer Internet Centre website! saferinternetday.org.uk #SaferInternetDay
How else can I get involved in Safer Internet Day?
Other than download the appropriate educational resources pack, there are a few other things you can be doing if you want this year’s Safer Internet Day to be bigger and better than ever.
Use our social media pack
Help us reach more young people than ever before and shout about us on social media with the help of our trusty social media pack
Take a look at our films
We have created a range of Safer Internet Day films to help you deliver sessions for Safer Internet Day, whether you are a school, nursery, youth group, library, police service, or wider.