Tango is a messaging app, similar to Whatsapp and Kik. With Tango, you can also make video calls, text chat, share pictures and videos, play games and send music to friends. There are filters that can be applied to pictures and videos and Tango can be used on all devices.
Tango is public by default, and its location “find friends nearby” service can find Tango users that are close by. This means that strangers that are near to your device that is using Tango, could add you. There are privacy settings to control who you speak to and there is also an option to turn location services off.
Usernames are always public, so it is important to choose a username that doesn’t give away too much personal information, like your first or last name and your date of birth. You may also leave some aspects of your profile blank – like your birthday or gender. If you initially fill these in, you are not able to remove them.
There is information on how to get started on Tango here. http://support.tango.me/entries/21141498-Getting-Started-on-Tango-
- Privacy settings: Tango is public by default, but you can change the settings by selecting a private account, meaning you can control who can see your information.
- Blocking/reporting: If someone is bothering on Tango, you can report or block them.
- Deleting: If you would like to delete a contact, you can do this too.
For more FAQs, you can search here.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions:
If you violate the terms and conditions, your account could be suspended. Reasons for suspending an account includes:
- hateful, threatening, pornographic, obscene, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, libellous or defamatory content
- content encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offense
- harassment to other users including continued unwanted contact, offensive use of language (public or private), displays of nudity
- spamming channel posts (constant begging for people to add you, copy and pasting large comments, illegible writing)
If you think your account has been suspended accidentally, you can contact Tango at email@example.com
13 years +
To be eligible to use this service, you must be at least 13 years of age.