How to enter Film Competition 2021 in 5 simple steps
It’s the 12th year of the competition and we want it to be the biggest and best yet, with more short films and storyboards than ever before!
Here is our simple, 5-step guide to getting involved. Unleash your filmmaking skills and help other young people separate fact from fiction online…
- Select the category you wish to enter – Primary, Secondary or Storyboard.
- Download the competition pack. This contains everything you will need (including competition entry forms, guidance, film-making advice and storyboard template).
- Start getting creative! Plan and make your film – or map out your storyboard.
- Submit your entry and consent form to email@example.com by 5pm on Tuesday 1st June. Whilst you can email entry forms, storyboards and scripts to us, all films must be sent electronically. We would recommend using sites like WeTransfer or Dropbox to share them with us.
- Further details for submitting film or storyboard entries can be found within the packs or on the FAQs page.
The main things we’re looking for are films that stick to the theme – Separating fact from fiction. Finding trustworthy information online – and those which contain a positive and clear message. Only films and storyboards closest to this will be shortlisted.
Film entries will be judged on the strength of message, creativity and delivery – it’s not about having the latest equipment or technology. The Childnet Film Competition is all about content and the creative filmmaking. Find out more at: childnet.com/film-competition
Dates for your diaries
Competition closes: Tuesday 1st June
Finalists announced: Monday 14th June
Winners announced: Thursday 1st July
The Film Competition is delivered as part of Childnet’s work in the UK Safer internet Centre, with additional support from the Motion Picture Association.