- Impact report
- Educational resources
- Advice for parents and carers
- All Fun and Games – Safer Internet Day 2022 research
For young people with SEND
- Virtual Assemblies
- Advice for 11-18s
- Top Tips for under 11s
- Social media pack
- About the theme
- Quiz for 7-11s
- Quiz for 11-14s
- Quiz for 14-18s
- Supportive Quotes
Celebrating with young people with SEND
We believe it’s important for all young people to have the opportunity to participate and join the celebrations for Safer Internet Day, including those with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).
The UK Safer Internet Centre strives to make 2022 the most inclusive Safer Internet Day yet. We’re inviting educators, parents, carers and families of young people with SEND to make use of our comprehensive educational resources.
All materials produced as part of our downloadable educational resources are designed to:
- Be visually accessible (clear fonts, sensitive colours, subtitles where necessary).
- Reflect everyday online experiences that learners recognise and understand.
- Revisit key concepts and vocabulary in different ways across each part of the pack.
- Encourage learners to demonstrate their understanding in a variety of different ways.
Additionally for 2022, below you will find three new suggestions to accompany the Safer Internet Day 2022 downloadable resources specifically designed for use in a SEND context. These have been inspired by our work with young people with SEND and dialogue with specialist SEND educators who provided feedback on their use of last year’s materials.